Nathalie works full-time in the tertiary education sector, with universities and training colleges, in a marketing and development role. She also consults pro bono to non-profit and religious organisations where they have expressed a need for her research and professional marketing skills. Her areas of research interest include authenticity, Service-Dominant Logic, customer evangelism, consumer collectives and consumer religiosity.
She also maintains a freelance marketing practice with links to the hospitality, tourism, mining, retail and service sectors.
- PhD (Marketing), University of Western Australia, 2014
- Master of Electronic Marketing and Information Management, University of Western Australia, 2006
- Graduate Certificate of Business (eBusiness and Communication), Swinburne University VIC, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy),
Minors: Law & Ethics, African-American History, Shakespearean Literature, Religious Studies,
Florida International University USA, 1996
- Diploma of Layout and Graphic Design, Ft Lauderdale Institute of Art USA, 1989
- Over the last 20 years, Nathalie has worked in the higher education sector for Edith Cowan University, Curtin University, Central West College of TAFE (Now Durack Institute of Technology). She has been employed in areas relating to marketing, curriculum development, obtaining research grants, and as a lecturer and tutor.
- Nathalie has highly developed skills and experience in the following areas: sales, customer service, advertising coordination, events co-ordination relationship building, media relations, corporate communications electronic media development, customer relationship management systems development, team management, electronic communication and information management.
- Nathalie is currently a Sessional Lecturer at ECU’s School of Business and an adjunct Senior Lecturer at ECU’s School of Arts and Humanities. In additonal to this, she has a full time position as the Manager of ECU’s Strategic Business Development Unit.
Memberships, Engagement and Awards:
- Member, Australia Human Resources Institute (2015-present)
- Australian Marketing Institute, Certified Practising Marketer (CPM) (2010-2014)
- Member, ECU Ally GLBTI Network (2007-present)
- ECU University Contact Officer (2006-present)
- Member, Australia New Zealand Marketing Academy (2008-2014)
- Member, American Marketing Association (2009-2014)
- Member, Western Australia Macintosh User Group (2000-present)
- Member, ECU South West Advisory Board (2005-2011)
Awards and Recognition:
- Winner, Corporate Marketing Team Award, ECU Vice Chancellor’s Award for University Service (2010)
- Winner, Postgraduate Student Association Staff Award (2004, 2005, 2006)
- Nominee, ECU South West Customer Service Award (2003)
Community Engagement and Awards gained through experience previous to ECU:
- Consultant, WA Department of Employment and Consumer Protection (2006-2008)
- Columnist, Country Viewpoint, ABC Radio National Bush Telegraph Australia (2003-2005)
- Board Member, Indo-Pacific Journal of Phenomenology (2003-2006)
- Board Member, Goldfields Business Enterprise Centre (1997-1998)
- Board Member, Goldfields Tourist Association (1998)
- Member, Big Borthers/Big Sisters Mentoring Program (1994-1996)
- Winner, Grand Prize (Poetry), Florida International University (1996)
- Winner second place, National Computer Assisted Publishing Competition, Colombia Press Association (1993)
- Dean’s List of Academic Honours, Florida International University (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995)
- Winner, Gold Circle Award (National First Place) for an In-Depth News and Feature Story “Potential Drop-Outs Drop In to New Program”, Colombia Scholastic Press Association (1986)